:zz: Hopping 'n' Preflets (was Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] :gzz: key bindings (was: Features wish list 00.07.15)

Tuuka 'n' Tuomas sez

>> What does hop do?
>
>Rearranges a rank. Try it, it's implemented now. It literally hops a cell

Let me point out that with marking, 'hop' should hop whole groups
 as well.

Interaction with preflets: if preflets are locking cells together,
 the hop will go *over* a bunch of cells.

ChrzT

At 03:44 PM 7/18/00 +0300, you wrote:
>On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Tuukka Hastrup wrote:
>> On 16 Jul, Ted Nelson wrote:
>> > Three top ones for now:
>> >
>> > ? h, H for Hop
>> > ? fix view diagram so x and y are offset vertically
>> > ? / to invoke link operation-- (!) is too hard
>>
>> What does hop do?
>
>Rearranges a rank. Try it, it's implemented now. It literally hops a cell
>over another one.
>
>> And speaking of hard key strokes, you sure know the keyboard layouts
>> vary with country and language. For example, in standard Finnish
>> keyboard '~' is maybe the most difficult character to get (from the
>> available ones), and you can't even get it in gZZ as it's a "dead key".
>> Of course it's possible to configure the bindings, but why are we
>> talking about these then ;-/ Could it be possible to stick to normal
>> sign characters like + * ( / ? At least these should be available
>> everywhere (or I don't even know!).
>
>The tilde is actually my fault and completely my invention. What it
>does is it simply exchanges the current cursor locations of the two views.
>
>Ted, do you want to remap it somewhere or just forget the operation?
>
>	Tuomas

Theodor Holm Nelson
Project Professor, Keio University SFC Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Visiting Professor, University of Southampton, England
 ?  e-mail: ted@xxxxxxxxxx   ?  world-wide fax 1/415/332-0136
 ?  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    ?  http://www.xanadu.net
 ? Coordinates in USA      Tel. 415/ 331-4422
  Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965