:zz: Family trees (was Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] gzigzag/Java ZZTreeRaster.java (fwd)

Will it work with my family tree demo?
http://www.xanadu.com/HolmFamilyDemo.html

This works with the boot floppy at
http://www.xanadu.com/zigzag/

It's a tree in the odd way that every family tree is a tree--
 with incoming branches for every spouse.

Best, Ted

At 11:27 AM 7/16/00 +0300, you wrote:
>On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 05:42:57AM +0900, Ted Nelson wrote:
>> Note that a regular tree is going to be an extremely unusual case.
>>  So thinking about many many other cases should be your main
>>  concern.
>
>We (will) have many other rasters for showing the general case (the
>vanishing raster is a nice one).  The tree raster is for showing a
>particular, the tree structure, in a way that allows us to see the tree
>structure behind the ZZ connections.  It is - by concept - not as useful
>for viewing the general structure, although I will make it work as well
>as it can.  (I believe you could call it a semi-applitude, if you wish.)
>
>--
>%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%

Theodor Holm Nelson
Project Professor, Keio University SFC Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Visiting Professor, University of Southampton, England
 ?  e-mail: ted@xxxxxxxxxx   ?  world-wide fax 1/415/332-0136
 ?  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    ?  http://www.xanadu.net
 ? Coordinates in USA      Tel. 415/ 331-4422
  Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965