:tyrf,xpdm: Complexities of version control today (wuz Re: [zzdev] :gzz: And you guys LIKE Sourceforge? (wuz Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Correction: I was using 0704 version till yesterday. Best, T

AJ writes
>Uh, how so?  These issues are not specific to SF.

Ah.  They are specific to the tangled world of "files" that is
 the existing computer paradigm.  Breaking free to another universe
 is what this project is about.

Simpler versioning is only one aspect of that place we're going :)

Best, Ted

At 04:02 PM 7/11/00 +0300, you wrote:
>On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 09:48:53PM +0900, Ted Nelson wrote:
>> As I lurk on these messages about the complexities of Sourceforge,
>>  it almost sounds to me that starting your own site would be easier ...
>
>Uh, how so?  These issues are not specific to SF.
>
>--
>%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%

Theodor Holm Nelson
Project Professor, Keio University SFC Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Visiting Professor, University of Southampton, England
 ?  e-mail: ted@xxxxxxxxxx   ?  world-wide fax 1/415/332-0136
 ?  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    ?  http://www.xanadu.net
 ? Coordinates in USA      Tel. 415/ 331-4422
  Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965