[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] :zz: New HotZiggity shd file in Windows-compatible format
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] :zz: New HotZiggity shd file in Windows-compatible format
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 01:46:31 +1000
- Cc: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <18.104.22.168.19980806045032.007938e0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from Ted Nelson on Thu, Aug 06, 1998 at 04:50:32AM -0700
- References: <22.214.171.124.19980806045032.007938e0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Aug 06, 1998 at 04:50:32AM -0700, Ted Nelson wrote:
> Would it be possible to save the data in a Windows-compatible
> format, so that when the computer is rebooted in Windows
> the data could be, e.g., mailed as an attachment?
Yes, that's already what I've done for exactly that reason.
> Am I right that this requires using "mcopy"? Or does it
> go deeper than that?
It would also be possible to use a kernel with the MSDOS filesystem and
mount the floppy but in this case it's simpler to just include mcopy
and use that, so that's exactly what I've done.
*** Xanni ***
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.net/xanadu/ Technical VP, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technical Editor, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia Phone +61 3 96511511