[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Status line annoyances more
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Status line annoyances more
- From: Ted Nelson <ted@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 21:14:11 +0900
- Cc: ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, zigzag-list@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <19980520223650.A851@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <126.96.36.199.19980505000020.017371a0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <188.8.131.52.19980505000020.017371a0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
I have a cursor on my laptop.
My thumb occasionally hits the touchpad,
and it moves around.
I don't think there's a cursor on my Telnet sessions.
At 10:36 PM 5/20/98 +1000, you wrote:
>Ted Nelson wrote:
>> The flashing cursor there really bugs me.
>You have a cursor showing in the latest version? There shouldn't
>be ... what machine is this?
>: Gossamer - gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/
>: When one realises one is asleep, at that moment one is already
>: half-awake. -- P Ouspensky & G Gurdjieff
Theodor Holm Nelson, Visiting Professor of Environmental Information
Keio University, Shonan Fujisawa Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/ PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Home Fax: 0466-46-7368 From USA: 011-81-466-46-7368
Project Xanadu (Permanent)
3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/ 332-0136
Quotation of the day:
"I have recently decided, to my dismay, that perhaps this IS the best of
all possible worlds-- after an agonizing reconsideration of the meanings
and scopes of 'possibility'." Ted Nelson, 17 June 1998.