Re: Gossamer, if you don't like Java ...

Is C++ okay?  That's also available as Metrowerks input.

What OO do you like?

And why don't you like Java?  First negative I've heard.

ChrzT

At 07:00 AM 6/16/98 +1000, you wrote:
>Ted Nelson wrote:
>> Having thought over the problem of increasing special cases and
>> restrictions, I think it justifies going to OO programming
>> (presumably Java on Metrowerks) for the next major revision.  As I
>> understand it, OO will make it easier and safer to constrain
>> activities on particular dimensions and cell types.
>
>You're right about OO being an appropriate thing.
>
>Just thought you should know, I don't like programming in Java, so I
>won't be working on it when you shift.  Wasn't sure if you were aware
>of that.
>
>Gossamer
>
>--
>: Gossamer - gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/
>:         ***   Link of the week:  http://www.gnuhoo.com/    ***
>: Don't say 'can't'.  Because it isn't true. If you truly cannot
>: accomplish something, then say 'can't yet', and either begin to learn
>: how, or find a way to avoid doing it (could someone else do it for
>: you?).  -- Gossamer

http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
 Home Fax: 0466-46-7368  From USA: 011-81-466-46-7368
Project Xanadu (Permanent)
 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/ 332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
Quotation of the day:
"Ted's Law of Laws: There's always something left over."  Ted Nelson, June
1998.