[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zigzag] Tree view
- To: Brent Turcotte <brentt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zigzag] Tree view
- From: "Tuomas J. Lukka" <lukka@xxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 09:32:03 +0300 (EEST)
- Cc: zigzag@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <126.96.36.199.20000702130734.593fb544@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> One view to consider for zigzag would be a tree view.
> A link among a dimension would be shown as a line of a
> particular color. That way all connections to and from
> a particular cell can be viewed in all dimensions.
> How this would displayed on a screen is a difficult matter.
> How could you get a lot on the screen without massive
> overcrowding and massive whitespace? Loops might be
> difficult to display as well.
Have you read the "gentle introduction" document in CVS?
There I suggest using a physical optimization model to which
we give the parameters "a dimension's connections should be approx.
the same size and direction" and "no overcrowding" and then we just
let them float ;)