[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: zigzag@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: encryption
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 23:17:27 +1000
- Cc: opt@xxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.4.04.9908081502430.14680-100000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from 73.WrZ_zBl_5.67 on Sun, Aug 08, 1999 at 03:06:12PM +0200
- References: <Pine.LNX.4.04.9908081502430.14680-100000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zigzag@xxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Aug 08, 1999 at 03:06:12PM +0200, 73.WrZ_zBl_5.67 wrote:
> do you plan on adding some sort of encryption support to zz?
> would be good, since zigzag data tends to be of very private nature
> some times ...
> of course you can wrap the zz launch commend somehow in a pgp decrypt &&
> run zigzag && encrypt command sequence via a shell script but as long as
> you re running zigzag, data is hanging out unencrypted.
It would certainly be possible to store encrypted data in Zigag cells,
and decrypt it prior to display or editing. Once we add support for
MIME-types to cells, you should be able to handle this in exactly the
same way as encrypted emails.
*** Xanni ***
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.com.au/ Chief Scientist, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technical Editor, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia Phone +61 3 9419-2989