Re: [zigzag] :zz: Charlie Harris, as I live and breathe!

Ted,

>> The author of the famous line
"A man without faith is like a fish without a bicycle." <<

Just back from UK, sorry for delay...

The day I read this message, I had, just moments before, quoted that
immortal line to a young woman who was explaining to me about her patient
vigil for Mr. Right. The corrupted version caused her to stop dead in her
thinking and look at things in a new light.

However, I'm delighted to hear about the origin of this, and I think the
original is better! Henceforth I will take pains to credit Mr. Harris, and
pronounce it correctly.

But the women's movement can be fogiven. Desperate times, desperate
measures and all that. Personally, I agree with the original construction,
whereas I think there may be many exceptions to the paraphrased one.

Pete
PS, having read this over, I hasten to add that the young woman in question
was not an object of my amorous intentions. It was just a conversation.
Honest.