HotZiggity and the Bios: Peter, we Need to Know

I'm very glad you got your second floppy working
 again.  However, when you say
>I don't know what
>happened, but I won't be rudely interrupting a boot again any time soon.

Please reconsider.  You're the only person
 who had this problem.  As of now, strictly
 from reasoning, we have to deny culpability.
 But I would like very much for you to try it again.
 If the problem *does* happen again, then we've
 got a big problem that we had better know about
 right away.  If not, the Long Arm of Coincidence
 is the presumptive culprit.

ChrzT

At 02:17 AM 6/25/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm happy to say, my drives are back up.
>
>I jiggled wires; I pulled the drive and stuck it in another box, where it
>worked; I put it back in the slot and traded power cables around until I
>found a combination that lit the thing up again. I don't know what
>happened, but I won't be rudely interrupting a boot again any time soon.
>
>Superstition is sometimes all we have in the way of reality, so we just
>have to use that.
>
>Peter

http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
 Home Fax: 0466-46-7368  From USA: 011-81-466-46-7368
Project Xanadu (Permanent)
 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/ 332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
Quotation of the day:
"There's always a first time-- assuming there was a second."  Ted Nelson,
98.06.23.