Re: Why have a multipart document address?

Andrew :

One issue as far as addresses are concerned is how do you pass around works.

For example, on my business card, I have my web address:

Of course, this is nice and short, and easy to remember.

But using an ID based structure, it would probably look like :

This would be a bit harder to remember, I suspect.

Of course, one solution would be for everyone to have e-mail so we can simply e-mail it and not have to rely on paper at all.  For some reason, I don't think that sounds too practical.

Has anybody given any thought to this issue ?

Art Pollard
Suppliers of High Performance Text Retrieval Engines.