Re: Why have a multipart document address?

Andrew :

One issue as far as addresses are concerned is how do you pass around works.

For example, on my business card, I have my web address:

http://www.lextek.com

Of course, this is nice and short, and easy to remember.

But using an ID based structure, it would probably look like :

iQA/AwUBOdOt6Fr9kb5qlZHQEQIbIgCgsg9sHjp8Hi2x84z8QQfj6p7OKboA­oKKp
Fc3tJoN99YrBKF/ebzMMDF07HuWc

This would be a bit harder to remember, I suspect.

Of course, one solution would be for everyone to have e-mail so we can simply e-mail it and not have to rely on paper at all.  For some reason, I don't think that sounds too practical.

Has anybody given any thought to this issue ?

-Art

--
Art Pollard
http://www.lextek.com/