[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Info and money flows
- To: xanadu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Info and money flows
- From: Ted Nelson <ted@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 7 Feb 97 23:25:43 +0900
- In-reply-to: <126.96.36.19970206182916.006ee06c@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: xanadu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: avatar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If the internet changes the power flows represented by the flows of information and money, then it will certainly create new basic units of information and money exchange, distribution and transactions.
Isn't our opportunity to understand and invent these new units?
Penfield Gill, Inc.
When personal computing started I thought it would be a social revolution:
that the dorks and front-office assholes would no longer be in charge,
and intellectuals and artists would rule the world.
That lasted for six months. Then the dorks and front-office assholes
took over again.
It seems to be a Gresham's Law of social organization.
My hopes are now more modest.