Re: What should hyperlinks do? What attributes should they have?

I have not seen any references to HyTime in discussions on this list or
in the Hyper-G documentation. HyTime defines a linking model that is far
more powerful than HTMLs; I'd like to suggest that becoming
acquainted with this model could usefully inform the discussion on
this list. A description can be found in the "HyTime Application
Development Guide" available at TechnoTeacher's ftp site:
ftp.techno.com in the directory
/pub/HyTime/Application_Development_Guide.

These files are in PostScript. The same document marked up
in SGML (based on the DocBook DTD) and prepared for viewing
under SoftQuad's Panorama Pro will be up at the same site
within a week or so.

Ralph E. Ferris
Project Manager, Electronic Publications
Fujitsu Open Systems Solutions, Inc. (FOSSI)
Phone: (408) 456-7806 Fax: (408) 456-7050
E-mail: ralph@xxxxxxxx

A Davenport Group sponsor.  For information on the Davenport
  Group see ftp://ftp.ora.com/pub/davenport/README.html
        or  http://www.ora.com/davenport/README.html