[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: the yearly flurry of email messages...
- To: Hans-Martin Mosner <hmm@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: the yearly flurry of email messages...
- From: roger gregory <roger@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 15:50:35 -0800
- Cc: udanax@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <4D559581.7070900@xxxxxxx>
- References: <qxnwecr8vj41x64bcr5o1u1v.1297405665288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <AANLkTimjRFi43W3wov4FkcbEpu5e_dcZohbJi4zWDG_S@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <4D559581.7070900@xxxxxxx>
- Sender: roger gregory <rogerxan@xxxxxxxxx>
The Smalltalk code in the image does everything, it was as functional or more so than the C++ version, stuff written in C++
was to support the constructs that were in Smalltalk or like those in Smalltalk, and impedance match mostly.
On Feb 11, 2011, at 12:01 PM, Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:
> Am 11.02.2011 19:26, schrieb John Ohno:
>> Are you planning to translate the code in X to proper squeak, and then
>> rewrite the C++ pieces?
> Roughly, that's the plan. First I want to look at the code and see how the X stuff is done, and then I'll decide what to do.
> I'm not sure whether the code in the image contains the complete backend functionality, or whether part of that
> functionality is in the X++ code.
> So before deciding what I will do, I need to have a deeper look at what's there.
> A short update on my image reading efforts: I'm currently able to read objects from the UGold image into Squeak, will
> reconstruct the complete class hierarchy tonight (maybe without methods).