Things that don't compile

Occasionally I find
	NULL ~~ thingy    or NULL == thingy
in the code.  If thingy is a SPTR or a CHKPTR, this doesn't compile for the
same reason that
	4 < integerVar
won't compile:  The operator overloadings all have the left hand argument as
"this," and can only perform random conversions on the right.  There are only
a very few of them now, so I can easily fix them.  In the future, however, I'd
appreciate this type of expression is originally written in a compilable
fashion.
	- e -

PS: If people would all translate and compile their code before handing it to
    me, messages like this one could be avoided.