Ted Nelson to keynote West Coast Computer Faire

Ted Nelson will be giving the keynote address for the West Coast
Computer Faire on March 1 at 10:30 a.m. in Brooks Hall.  Advise getting
there an hour early for registration.  It's not likely to be a
forgettable speech.  Synopsis follows:

                        TOWARD A NEW CLARIFICATION

To technoids and enthusiasts, the escalating chaos of incompatibilities
means upwardly creative ferment.  To the ever-hopeful and ever-
disappointed public, however, it means repeatedly crushed hopes and
blighted working lives - offices crisscrossed with flypaper, ever-
increasing entanglement.

We must find a deep unification that returns to mankind the
straightforwardness and clarity we once had in a world of paper.