Sensor Requirements From Collaborative Writing Perspective

So sensors are no longer attached to bags? To try to feed a little
frontend-based requirement analysis on the sensor issue, let
me tell you what I see as the sensor-granularity requirement
for the collaborative writing frontend:

We must be able to alert the user when changes have been made,
or links have been attached, on a document-section by document-section
basis.

What is a document section? To recap the frontend design conversations,
 a natural break for the "document" in the Xanadu sense is the
"document section" in the paper sense. In small paper documents,
the document itself corresponds directly to a Xanadu document;
in medium-size paper documents, the Chapter would correspond
to the Xanadu document; in large paper documents an object like,
 "1.2.3. Specification Of Frontend Link Representation" would
correspond to the Xanadu document.

As a consequence, when I heard on the first day that the sensor
would be attached to the Bag, I was a bit concerned because every
document section would have to go into a separate Bag (Drexler
assured us that the Bags would be "light", so I wasn't real upset,
but still concerned).

Can we meet this granularity requirement efficiently? (I confess,
I'd like even finer granularity a lot better, but we can ship
product with this level of granularity).

--marcs