[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [osmic] Rearrange command
- To: Bek Oberin <gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [osmic] Rearrange command
- From: Kenichi Unnai <t95129ku@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 23:39:07 +0900
- Cc: OSMIC Mailing List <osmic@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Organization: SFC Keio University
- References: <19990218202336.G7368@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Bek Oberin wrote:
> What's the point of having the rearrange command in the OSMIC
> protocol specification?
> It seems to me it's something you can accomplish with a few deletes
> and transcludes, and the client software should handle adding an
> explicit "rearrange" command if it wants to, translating the effect
> into the del/trans before it sends it to the server.
> Opinions, please!
Well, as you thought, it might seem to be redundant.
But rearrange happens in the same document, on the other hand,
transclude might happen between the different documents. ( not currently, though. )
And server logs shoud be separeted as follows:
That's why I coded like that.
But there might be a good walkaround, more efficient way as you suggested, Bek.
By the way, Ted, I recently heard about the amount of bugdet of this microversioning project
from MITI, I was very surprised to hear that!
Ken'ichi Unnai > 雲内健一
Environmental Information Department of Keio University, Japan